ARCHER2 Image and Video Competition 2021
By Clair Barrass on August 25, 2021
Share your images and videos to support excellence and promote the contribution of ARCHER and ARCHER2 to outstanding research. The winner of the competition will be awarded £250.
The winning image or video, along with a selection of other entries, will also be featured on the ARCHER2 website and in EPCC and ARCHER2 publications. Credit will be given to the entrant in all cases.
- Competition Opens: 25 August 2021
- Submission Deadline: Extended to 17 October 2021
- Judging: October/November 2021
- Best image : £150
- Best video : £150
- Best early career researcher submission : £150
- Overall winner, selected from the above three winners : additional £100
What are we looking for?
The ARCHER2 Image Competition is an event for all users of ARCHER/ARCHER2 to share their images or videos of “ARCHER and ARCHER2 Enabling Research”
We are looking for entries that will demonstrate the contribution of ARCHER/ARCHER2 to research.
Entries might include (but are not limited to):
- images generated from calculations that used ARCHER/ARCHER2
- photographs of equipment and/or researchers working on projects which use ARCHER/ARCHER2 for computation
- images generated from data processed using ARCHER/ARCHER2
- images demonstrating the contribution of ARCHER/ARCHER2 to research
- videos or animations generated from data processed using ARCHER/ARCHER2
- images or videos showing the impact of research carried out on ARCHER/ARCHER2
- infographic (still, video, cartoon, diagram) showing how ARCHER/ARCHER2 has contributed to your research or knowledge, or how it is part of your research process
Images don’t need to have been generated in the last few months - any images from any time in the ARCHER or ARCHER2 services, including photos relating to your work, and images or videos that have been post-processed.
Take a look at the gallery of entries from 2020 entries from 2020 or to watch our gallery video:
Full details and entry forms : https://www.archer2.ac.uk/community/image-comp/