Share your images and videos to support excellence and promote the contribution of ARCHER and ARCHER2 to outstanding research. The winner of the competition will be awarded £250. The winning image or video, along with a selection of other entries, will also be featured on the ARCHER2 website and in EPCC and ARCHER publications. Credit will be given to the entrant in all cases.
- Competition Opens: 25 August 2021
- Submission Deadline: Extended to 17 October 2021
- Judging: October/November 2021
- Best image : £150
- Best video : £150
- Best early career researcher submission : £150
- Overall winner, selected from the above three winners : additional £100
What are we looking for?
The ARCHER2 Image Competition is an event for all users of ARCHER/ARCHER2 to share their images or videos of “ARCHER2 Enabling Research”
We are looking for entries that will demonstrate the contribution of ARCHER/ARCHER2 to research.
Entries might include (but are not limited to):
- images generated from calculations that used ARCHER/ARCHER2
- photographs of equipment and/or researchers working on projects which use ARCHER/ARCHER2 for computation
- images generated from data processed using ARCHER/ARCHER2
- images demonstrating the contribution of ARCHER/ARCHER2 to research
- videos or animations generated from data processed using ARCHER
- images or videos showing the impact of research carried out on ARCHER/ARCHER2
- infographic (still, video, cartoon, diagram) showing how ARCHER/ARCHER2 has contributed to your research or knowledge, or how it is part of your research process
Images don’t need to have been generated in the last few months - any images from any time in the ARCHER or ARCHER2 services, including photos relating to your work, and images or videos that have been post-processed.
Take a look at the gallery of entries from 2020 entries from 2020 or to watch our gallery video:
Please complete the ARCHER2 Image Competition 2021 submission form and then save and send in your entry by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching your image and/or including the url where we can download your video (note, it is not possible for us to download your video from YouTube - please use a fileshare site such as OneDrive, Dropbox, GoogleDrive to share your files with us). If submitting a video, please also include one still image from the video for use as a cover image.
The submission form is a PDF form which is editable in ADOBE Acrobat Reader and also in many of the common alternative PDF viewers - if you experience any issues with the form, please let us know by emailing us.
- Please include a caption for the entry and submit a jargon-free extended caption (maximum 150 words) putting the use of ARCHER/ARCHER2 into context. The caption must be comprehensible to the lay reader and will be taken into consideration by the judges when making their decision.
- A maximum of five entries per person can be submitted. Images should be a minimum of 5MB and maximum of 25MB and in a digital format a minimum of 300dpi (for example jpg). Winners will be required to submit their winning image in a high-resolution format. Images can be downsized for submission but winners will be required to provide a high-resolution version of their submitted image. Images that are nominated for a prize in any other major photo competition are not eligible.
- Please read our terms and conditions before entering.
Submission deadline: Extended to 17 October 2021
Any queries should be directed to email@example.com
By entering this competition you are deemed to accept these competition rules and the terms and conditions.
Winners will be chosen and announced in November 2021.
Judges will be from chosen from members of ARCHER2 CSE team, ARCHER2 users and other invited contributors.