Share your images and videos to support excellence and promote the contribution of ARCHER and ARCHER2 to outstanding research. The winner of the competition will be awarded £250. The winning image or video, along with a selection of other entries, will also be featured on the ARCHER2 website and in EPCC and ARCHER publications. Credit will be given to the entrant in all cases.
- Competition Opens: 8 August 2022
- Submission Deadline: Extended to 30 September 2022
- Judging: October/November 2022
- Best image : £150
- Best video : £150
- Best early career researcher submission : £150
- Overall winner, selected from the above three winners : additional £100
What are we looking for?
The ARCHER2 Image Competition is an event for all users of ARCHER/ARCHER2 to share their images or videos of “ARCHER2 Enabling Research”
We are looking for entries that will demonstrate the contribution of ARCHER/ARCHER2 to research.
Entries might include (but are not limited to):
- images generated from calculations that used ARCHER/ARCHER2
- photographs of equipment and/or researchers working on projects which use ARCHER/ARCHER2 for computation
- images generated from data processed using ARCHER/ARCHER2
- images demonstrating the contribution of ARCHER/ARCHER2 to research
- videos or animations generated from data processed using ARCHER
- images or videos showing the impact of research carried out on ARCHER/ARCHER2
- infographic (still, video, cartoon, diagram) showing how ARCHER/ARCHER2 has contributed to your research or knowledge, or how it is part of your research process
Images don’t need to have been generated in the last few months - any images from any time in the ARCHER or ARCHER2 services, including photos relating to your work, and images or videos that have been post-processed.
Take a look at the gallery of entries from 2021
Please complete the ARCHER2 Image Competition 2022 submission form and then save and send in your entry by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching your image and/or including the url where we can download your video (note, it is not possible for us to download your video from YouTube - please use a fileshare site such as OneDrive, Dropbox, GoogleDrive to share your files with us). If submitting a video, please also include one still image from the video for use as a cover image.
The submission form is a PDF form which is editable in ADOBE Acrobat Reader and also in many of the common alternative PDF viewers - if you experience any issues with the form, please let us know by emailing us.
- Please include a caption for the entry and submit a jargon-free extended caption (maximum 150 words) putting the use of ARCHER/ARCHER2 into context. The caption must be comprehensible to the lay reader and will be taken into consideration by the judges when making their decision.
- A maximum of five entries per person can be submitted. Images should be a minimum of 5MB and maximum of 25MB and in a digital format a minimum of 300dpi (for example jpg). Winners will be required to submit their winning image in a high-resolution format. Images can be downsized for submission but winners will be required to provide a high-resolution version of their submitted image. Images that are nominated for a prize in any other major photo competition are not eligible.
- Please read our terms and conditions before entering.
Submission deadline: Extended to 30 September 2022
Any queries should be directed to email@example.com
By entering this competition you are deemed to accept these competition rules and the terms and conditions.
Winners will be chosen and announced in October/November 2022.
Judges will be from chosen from members of ARCHER2 CSE team, ARCHER2 users and other invited contributors.