ARCHER2 Image and Video Competition 2020
By Clair Barrass on September 3, 2020
Share your images and videos to support excellence and promote the contribution of ARCHER and ARCHER2 to outstanding research.
The winner of the competition will be awarded £250.
The winning image or video, along with a selection of other entries, will also be featured on the ARCHER website and in EPCC and ARCHER publications. Credit will be given to the entrant in all cases.
- Competition Opens: 2 September 2020
- Submission Deadline: extended to 19 October 2020
- Judging: October 2020
- Best image : £150
- Best video : £150
- Best early career researcher submission : £150
- Overall winner, selected from the above three winners : additional £100
What are we looking for?
The ARCHER2 Image Competition is an event for all users of ARCHER/ARCHER2 to share their images or videos of “ARCHER Enabling Research”
We are looking for entries that will demonstrate the contribution of ARCHER to research.
Entries might include (but are not limited to):
- images generated from calculations that used ARCHER
- photographs of equipment and/or researchers working on projects which use ARCHER for computation
- images generated from data processed using ARCHER
- images demonstrating the contribution of ARCHER to research
- videos or animations generated from data processed using ARCHER
- images or videos showing the impact of research carried out on ARCHER
- infographic (still, video, cartoon, diagram) showing how ARCHER has contributed to your research or knowledge, or how it is part of your research process
Images don’t need to have been generated in the last few months - any images from any time in the ARCHER service, including photos relating to your work, and images or videos that have been post-processed.
Some of the entries from 2019:
Full details and entry forms : https://www.archer2.ac.uk/community/image-comp/