This course introduces accessing remote advanced computing facilities via the command line and High Performance Computing (HPC). After completing this course, participants will:
- Understand motivations for using HPC in research.
- Understand how HPC systems are put together to achieve performance and how they differ from desktops/laptops.
- Know how to connect to remote HPC systems and transfer data.
- Be able to use the Bash command line on remote systems.
- Know how to use a scheduler to work on a shared system.
- Be able to use software modules to access different HPC software.
- Be able to work effectively on a remote shared resource.
Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites for this workshop.
Requirements Participants must use a laptop with a Mac, Linux, or Windows operating system (not a tablet, Chromebook, etc.) that they have administrative privileges on. You will need a bash shell. They are also required to abide by ARCHER2 Training Code of Conduct.