EPCC has had substantial experience of delivering online training over several years. This includes HPC training for the ARCHER service, assessed courses for Edinburgh University’s online MSc programmes, and a large-scale introductory MOOC for the PRACE project.
In this interactive webinar we will discuss our experiences of delivering online training, including methods for supporting remote practical exercises and ways to keep students engaged. The format will be a set of four short talks from EPCC trainers, each followed by a Q&A session.
With face-to-face delivery simply not an option at present, and with the training programme for the ARCHER2 service due to start soon, we thought it was an ideal opportunity to share and discuss best practices for online training with the UK HPC community.
- Introduction - David Henty : 0:00
- Overview - David Henty : 2:26
- Synchronous vs Asynchronous Delivery - Mark Bull : 16:35
- Supercomputing MOOCs David Henty : 34:02
- Online MSc Programmes - Adam Carter : 43:53
- Discussion and questions : 58:17