Upcoming training courses in 2022: step up your expertise on ARCHER2!
By Juan Rodriguez Herrera on November 8, 2022
Training is one of the elements that the ARCHER2 service provides to users. Our training programme is comprised of face-to-face and online courses, that range from introductory to advanced levels. We have scheduled several courses for the remaining of 2022. The list can be found as follows:
- ARCHER2 for Package Users, Online, 24 November 2022 10:00 - 16:00 GMT
- Advanced OpenMP, Online, 29 - 30 November 2022 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
- ARCHER2 for Software Developers, Online, 2 & 5 December 2022 10:00 - 16:00 GMT
- Reproducible computational environments using containers, Newcastle University, 7 - 8 December 2022 10:30 - 16:30 GMT
- Introduction to Modern Fortran, Oxford e-Science Research Centre, 13 - 14 December 2022 09:30 - 16:30 GMT
- Performance Optimisation on AMD EPYC, Online, 13 - 14 December 2022 09:30 - 16:30 GMT
There are some gateway courses, such as ARCHER2 for Package users, and ARCHER2 for Software Developers, that introduce ARCHER2 to new users who have already used other HPC systems and want to familiarise themselves with the particularities of this HPE Cray EX system with 750,080 cores in total and an estimated peak performance of 28 PFLOPS.
Further courses on Docker and Singularity containers, and Fortran are also available this year. For advanced developers, we have Advanced OpenMP, and Performance Optimisation on AMD EPYC courses.
Additional details can be found in the training section of the ARCHER2 website, where you can also find upcoming virtual tutorials, normally held at 3pm on Wednesdays. You can also have a quick look at the list of self-service courses that we offer, these are available at any time.