ARCHER2 Weekly Newsletter
By ARCHER2 Service on June 8, 2022
Modelling Cake Formation in a Centrifugal Filter using the Discrete Element Method on ARCHER2
Online webinar, Wednesday 15th June 2022 15:00 - 16:00 BST
In this webinar the presenter will discuss a widely-applied downstream operation from the bio/chemical industry, describing the challenges in modelling this particular operation and potential improvements using the discrete element method in conjunction with computational fluid dynamics. The presenter will describe the methodology used to model the system in detail, simplifications, the computational efficiency of such computations on HPC and how HPC-Europa3 mobility enabled improvements to this doctoral research.
More details and join link: https://www.archer2.ac.uk/training/courses/220615-cake-formation-vt/
ARCHER2 Annual User Survey 2021-22
We are committed to continually improving the ARCHER2 Service and would like to request your input to help us understand what is important to you, where the Service is working well and where there is scope for improvement.
The ARCHER2 Annual User Survey consists of just a few questions and should take only a few minutes of your time to complete. There are opportunities to add more detailed comments if you wish.
For each survey response received, we will donate £1 to Save The Children.
We are also offering 5 prizes of 2000 CUs on ARCHER2 for users who complete the survey. Winners can choose to forgo the CU prize and for each winner that does this we will donate a further £20 to Save The Children. Winners will be drawn at random from all respondents who have left contact details after the closing date of Thursday 30th June 2022 and the winners notified by e-mail. The prizes are only available to people with existing ARCHER2 user accounts.
You can find the survey at:
Thank you in advance for taking the time to complete this survey. The responses will be used to try and improve the service for you and to help identify key areas for service development.
ARCHER2 Embedded CSE (eCSE) call
The eCSE programme funds RSEs and PDRAs to develop software for the ARCHER2 service. Calls are issued regularly and information can be found in our recent webinars and tutorial.
More details of how to apply are available by following the link to the eCSE calls page from here
together with details of the application and review process, assessment criteria eligibility, etc.
Recently added Known Issues
The “Known Issues” page of the ARCHER2 Documentation
lists all current open known issues including a description of the issue, its symptoms and any work-arounds.
Upcoming ARCHER2 Training
- Message-passing Programming with MPI, Online, always-open self-service course
- Shared Memory Programming with OpenMP, Online, always-open self-service course
- QM/MM with GROMACS + CP2K, Online, Always open - self-service course
- A CFD tool for the simulation of renewable energy devices using GPU accelerated hardware, Online webinar, Wednesday 25th May 2022 15:00 - 16:00
- Reproducible computational environments using containers, Western General Campus, Edinburgh, 20 - 21 June 2022 10:00 - 16:00 BST
- GPU Programming with CUDA, The Open University, Milton Keynes, 27 June 2022 10:00 - 17:00 BST
- Advanced Message-Passing Programming, Online, 29 - 30 June 2022 09:30 - 17:00 GMT
- Performance of different routing protocols on ARCHER2: OpenFabrics and UCX, Online, Wednesday 27th July 2022 15:00 - 16:00 BST
Further details https://www.archer2.ac.uk/training/#upcoming-training
Recordings of past courses and virtual tutorials can be found here: https://www.archer2.ac.uk/training/materials/