ARCHER2 Weekly Newsletter
By ARCHER2 Service on January 5, 2022
ARCHER2 Full System Transition
Charging is enabled on ARCHER2 full system from 4th January 2022. This means that all jobs which end after 10:00 GMT on Tuesday 4th January will be charged.
As the future of the ARCHER2 4-Cabinet system is unclear beyond 4th January 2022, please remove all required data from /work on ARCHER2 4Cabinet to ARCHER2 full system, or other safe place, before that date. Full instructions on how to do this can be found at:
ARCHER2 Embedded CSE (eCSE) call
We are very pleased to announce that the 6th ARCHER2 eCSE call (ARCHER2 eCSE06) is now open for proposals. The deadline for submitting documents for technical evaluation is 16:00 on 22nd Feb 2022 with the final deadline for proposal submission being 16:00 on 15th Mar 2022.
Embedded CSE (eCSE) support provides funding to the ARCHER2 user community to develop software in a sustainable manner to run on the ARCHER2 system. For this call, software which results in research which is within the remit of EPSRC is eligible. Funding can be requested for staff located at the institution of the PI, third parties, or can include staff from the centralised CSE support team or a mixture of the above. Proposals may request effort from between 1 and 12 person months (inclusive).
More details of how to apply are available by following the link to the eCSE calls page from here
together with details of the application and review process, assessment criteria eligibility, etc.
eCSE call dates
Deadline for submitting eCSE06 documents for technical evaluation: 16:00 on Tuesday 22nd February 2022
Deadline for final eCSE06 submission: 16:00 Tuesday 15th March 2022
A recent webinar can be found here:
which includes a walk through of the submission of a proposal.
Upcoming ARCHER2 Training
- Efficient Parallel IO on ARCHER2, Online, 11 January 2022 9:30 - 17:00 GMT
- Modelling volcanic plumes using ARCHER2, Online webinar, Wednesday 12th January 2022 15:00 - 16:00
- Integrating discrete exterior calculus (DEC) into the ParaFEM library, Online webinar, Thursday 13th January 2022 15:00 - 16:00
- CASTEP on ARCHER2, Online webinar, Wednesday 19th January 2022 15:00 - 16:00
- Reproducible computational environments using containers: Introduction to Docker and Singularity, Online, 19 - 20 January 2022 10:00 - 16:00 GMT
- HPC Carpentry, Online, 27 - 28 January 2022 9:30 - 16:00 GMT
- Introduction to ARCHER2 for Software Developers, Online, 31 January - 1 February 2022 10:00 - 16:00 GMT
- Message-passing Programming with MPI, Online, always-open self-service course
- Shared Memory Programming with OpenMP, Online, always-open self-service course
Further details https://www.archer2.ac.uk/training/#upcoming-training
New virtual tutorials will be announced soon via: ARCHER2 website: https://www.archer2.ac.uk/training/#upcoming-training
Recordings of past courses and virtual tutorials can be found here: https://www.archer2.ac.uk/training/materials/