The information you provide will be used to administer your use of the services provided through the SAFE and to allow us and the service providers to support you during your application for and use of these services. We also gather additional information during your use of the SAFE to allow us to respond to security incidents and improve the operation of the SAFE and the services provided through it.
We are using this information about you because it is necessary for the performance of the contracts that provide you with these services. Information about you may be shared with:
- The managers of your projects (during the period that you are either applying or a member of the project). This is necessary to allow them to grant you the correct access within their projects and to otherwise administer their projects.
- External organisations that provide any of the services you gain access to via the SAFE (during the period you are granted access to the service). This is necessary to allow them to provide these services.
- Service owners or funding bodies that are granting you access to services. This is to allow them to effectively evaluate the services and to improve their planning for future services.
- You may choose to opt out of receiving email communication from the service, however the service will retain the ability to email all users for the highest priority communications such as those relating to major changes in the service itself.
We will hold the personal data you provide us throughout the period that you have service accounts managed by the SAFE or are a manager of an ongoing project within the SAFE. Otherwise we will retain this data for a period of up to 2 years. Any data held beyond this point will be anonymised.
In addition, emails and other information communicated to our service desk may be retained to allow us to provide a better service desk service. We will not retain such information longer than 2 years after the end of the service they relate to.
If you have any questions, please contact The ARCHER2 Service Desk.
This Privacy Statement is continued at edin.ac/privacy
- 2020-05-05 Updated Policy
- 2020-03-13 Copied from ARCHER and Updated for ARCHER2