ARCHER2 Weekly Newsletter
By ARCHER2 Service on October 5, 2022
ARCHER2 Embedded CSE (eCSE) Project Reports
We have now started to publish the Final Reports from completed Embeded CSE (eCSE) Projects
You can read the reports on the eCSE Final Project page
ARCHER2 User Survey results
The results from the ARCHER2 User Survey 2021/2022 now published
ARCHER2 for Package Users
Online 13 October 2022 10:00 - 16:00 BST
This lesson provides an introduction to using ARCHER2 for users who:
- have already used other HPC systems; and
- want to use pre-installed simulation/modelling packages rather than compiling their own.
The lesson aims to answer the following questions:
- What hardware is available on ARCHER2?
- What does it consist of (login nodes, compute nodes, file systems, backup)?
- How does this impact me as a user?
- How can I access ARCHER2 interactively and transfer data?
- What does the ARCHER2 software environment look like and how do I access software?
- How do I write job submission scripts and submit them to the ARCHER2 scheduler?
- How can I be a good ARCHER2 citizen?
- How can I check what resources I am using and look at historical usage?
- What are the next steps for me using ARCHER2 and how can I get more help?
Full details and registration: https://www.archer2.ac.uk/training/#upcoming-training
ARCHER2 Calendar image for October 2022
If you would like to receive your own copy of the 2023 calendar later this year please sign up now
Access to HPC Call
Access to HPC Call (EPSRC remit only) opened 4th July.
ARCHER2 or Tier-2 computing resource for a maximum duration of one year and a minimum of 4000 CU.
TA Deadline has passed (20th September 16:00)
Submit Deadline - 18th October 16:00
More details an application forms
Recently added Known Issues
The “Known Issues” page of the ARCHER2 Documentation
lists all current open known issues including a description of the issue, its symptoms and any work-arounds.
Upcoming ARCHER2 Training
- Message-passing Programming with MPI, Online, always-open self-service course
- Shared Memory Programming with OpenMP, Online, always-open self-service course
- QM/MM with GROMACS + CP2K, Online, Always open - self-service course
- ARCHER2 for Package Users, Online, 13 October 2022 10:00 - 16:00 BST
Further details https://www.archer2.ac.uk/training/#upcoming-training
Recordings of past courses and virtual tutorials can be found here: https://www.archer2.ac.uk/training/materials/